Education and entertainment - children don't differentiate

Like I said, people send me links. This time it was www.Time4Learning.com. They say they're "children’s educational and entertainment online subscription service for ages 3 to 9".

I went and looked at the site and some of their free examples - and it seems like a quality service. It has learning activities and games and worksheets for K-5 language arts and math.

Like I read in a news article recently, children don't differentiate between entertainment and education - they learn and absorb whether they are watching a violent cartoon movie or an educational clip. I would definitely opt for the latter.

So I posted the link at my site's educational links page.

Comments

Anonymous said…
If you want children to differentiate you have to teach them the calculus.

I'm being serious here.

Popular posts from this blog

Conversion chart for measuring units

Geometric art project: seven-circle flower design

Meaning of factors in multiplication: four groups of 2, or 4 taken two times?