Carnival time

When you get time... perhaps over the holidays, go over to the most recent Math Teachers at Play carnival at Math Mama Writes, and enjoy the variety of blogposts revolving around math.

I especially liked the estimation lesson, and the start of the proof that Pi is irrational. The proof looks familiar so am sure I've seen it in university sometime or another, but of course I don't exactly remember it on my own! Yet, I like being reminded of it, because Pi is a topic in middle school math, and I feel I'm a better teacher if I have at least a mental recognition that I've seen and understood the proof that it's irrational,
even if I cannot exactly present the proof to the students.

And then I also thought these dynamic applets to make nets for pyramids and other solids were neat.

Comments

Essays Writing said…
Many institutions limit access to their online information. Making this information available will be an asset to all.

Popular posts from this blog

Conversion chart for measuring units

Geometric art project: seven-circle flower design

Meaning of factors in multiplication: four groups of 2, or 4 taken two times?