Hating math?

About this thing where people say, "I hate math", or "I'm not good at math", or "I never understood math", or similar things. It's well-known that in the U.S. at least, people seem to be able to say such things with ease -- it is totally acceptable socially -- but no one readily admits similar things about their reading abilities!

I just read two interesting posts by Bon from Math is Not a Four-Letter Word that deal with this topic... They can HELP you or others you know overcome this line of thinking.

How to Get People to Stop Saying "I Hate Math"

How to Quit Saying "I Hate Math"

You might also be interested in an old blogpost of mine: Developing a Positive Attitude (towards math).
4 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geometric art project: seven-circle flower design