The main changes in the revised edition of Grade 4 are that some topics were taken off and moved to 5th grade, and several topics were added in. Again, this is all due to the CCS. Other than that, the basic framework and conceptual development did not change substantially. Of course, I edited the lessons to make them better, added more space or grids for calculations, etc. so there were many cosmetic changes.
Topics moving to 5th grade:
- Numbers beyond 1,000,000
- multiplying a 3-digit number by a 2-digit number
- 2-digit divisor in long division
- multiplying decimals by whole numbers
- In measuring, the problems about conversions between units are easier, and the more challenging conversions will be in 5th grade.
Topics added that weren't in 4th grade before:
- prime numbers
- finding factors of a given number
- multiplying fractions by whole numbers
- adding a fraction with tenths and another with hundredths (such as 3/10 + 8/100)
- Line symmetry
If you have purchased the download version earlier, and would like the updated version:
1) If you purchased at Currclick, log in to your account there, and redownload it from your past orders.
2) If you purchased at Kagi, email me. Include the information that allows me to locate your order (name or email).