I am one of the crowd, and LOVE it. It feel its taste is nothing short of awesome. It's superb, exquisite, fantastic... can't find words for it. (I'm pretty sure you agree!)
I've also often thought about this little fact: the main product they make of the cacao tree, cocoa solids, is extremely BITTER! If they didn't add sugar or some other sweetener, you wouldn't eat chocolate - it would be SO bitter!
You probably know that cocoa powder, too, is very yucky and bitter by itself. That is, unless they've used the "Dutch process" to remove the bitterness, but then they ALSO end up removing the special components and antioxidants that make chocolate healthy. That's not what I'm looking for though.
This reminds me of the principle I've seen illustrated in "lemonade" - if life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Well, life can give us "cocoa solids"... with special antioxidants and health properties... and it feels like you just CAN'T take it, it's SOOOOO BITTTTTERRRRRRRRRR!
But if it also gets mixed with something SWEET... then the FULL END RESULT becomes something divine: CHOCOLATE! AHHH!!!!!!
Here's something fun.
Your age by chocolate math
Don't tell me your age; you'd probably lie anyway; but the Chocolate Man will know!
This takes less than a minute!
Work this out as you read — or use your Choculator (I had no idea they actually sell chocolate calculators :)
This is not one of those waste-of-time things — it's fun!
- First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to have chocolate. (You will have easier calculations if this is less than 10... but the method WILL work even if you need to use 34 or 182 :^)
- Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold).
- Add 5.
- Multiply it by 50 — I'll wait while you get the calculator. Though, I'd rather you do it MENTALLY. Here's a trick for that: multiply it by 100 first, then take half of it
- If you have already had your birthday this year, add 1763. If you haven't, add 1762.
- Now subtract the four-digit year that you were born.
- You should now see the number you picked in the beginning (i.e., how many times you want to have chocolate each week), followed by...
your age! (As a two-digit number.)
Oh YES, it is!!!!!
(Hurry! This will ONLY work during this year... 2013!)
Your next task is, of course :-), to figure out WHY it works - using some basic algebra!
If you can't... the solution is here.
Hope you liked it :- )