Math card game

Last few weeks I've been thinking I want to have a way to use normal playing cards to let my daughter practice addition.

I hadn't given it serious 'thought' to come up with any games yet, when just today I stumbled upon that exact thing at A Home for Homeschoolers Portal: The game that is worth 1,000 worksheets.

Definitely worth playing! The 'game' aspect can make practicing facts so much more fun, as we all know. And this game that Denise describes is so simple too.

If you have any other playing card ideas, feel free to comment here or there.

Comments

CarolynM said…
I learned so many math facts from playing cards! My father taught me to play Pyramid Solitaire when I had trouble adding to 13, and it spread from there. He later taught me to play Cribbage (and Cribbage Solitaire) so that I could add to 15. I have found computer solitaire card games that add to 10's, 15's, etc.
Anonymous said…
Maria, Thank you for mentioning my blog post! You may want to know that my host, AHFH, has been having technical difficulties, and I am in the process of transfering my blog to wordpress.com. The new location for my math game article is:
http://letsplaymath.wordpress.com/2006/12/29/the-game-that-is-worth-1000-worksheets/

Popular posts from this blog

Conversion chart for measuring units

Geometric art project: seven-circle flower design

Meaning of factors in multiplication: four groups of 2, or 4 taken two times?