New Make It Real Learning products

I've recently added a whole slew of new Make It Real Learning activity workbooks to my site (I have had some already).

These workbooks concentrate on answering the age-old question, "When am I ever going to use this (math)?"

SALE! Get Make It Real Learning workbooks 25% off at Kagi store. Use coupon AUGUSTSALE. Coupon valid till August 20, 2012.

OR BETTER YET! Get a whole bundle of them up to 50% off at Homeschool Buyers Co-op's group buy (runs till the end of August)

The workbooks contain activities or problem situations taken from real-life, with real data. Some examples of the situations are: cell phone plans, autism, population growth, cooking, borrowing money, credit cards, life spans, music downloads, etc. etc.

As students work through the problems, they can use the math skills and concepts they have learned in their math curriculum (such as the concept of average or graphing), and apply those to a situation from real-life.




Typically, the activities contain challenging parts and therefore allow students to practice real problem solving - not just apply knowledge from textbook examples to other almost identical problems.

Ok, and here's the whole list of the workbooks, by topic, with normal pricing, so you can learn more about each. Keep in mind you can get 25% off of them till August 20, 2012, using the coupon AUGUSTSALE:

Arithmetic I - for grades 3-6
Arithmetic II - for grades 4-7

Fractions, Percents, and Decimals I - for grades 4-8. $4.99
Fractions, Percents, and Decimals II - for grades 6-11. $4.99
Fractions, Percents, and Decimals III - for grades 4-7. $4.99
Fractions, Percents, and Decimals IV - for grades 4-7. $4.99

Geometry I - for grades 6-7. $4.99
Geometry II - for grades 4,7, and high school. $4.99

Sets, Probability, and Statistics I - for grades 6-10. $4.99
Sets, Probability, and Statistics II - for grades 6-12. $4.99

Linear Functions I - for algebra 1 and algebra 2. $4.99
Linear Functions II - for algebra 1 and algebra 2. $4.99
Linear Functions III - for algebra 1 and algebra 2. $4.99

Graphing and Other Algebra Skills I - for grades 7, 8, and high school. $4.99
Graphing and Other Algebra Skills II - for grades 6-8, and high school. $4.99

Quadratic Functions I - for algebra 1 and algebra 2/precalculus. $4.99
Quadratic Functions II - for algebra 1 and algebra 2/precalculus. $4.99

Exponential and Logarithmic Functions I - for algebra 2/precalculus. $4.99
Periodic and Piecewise Functions I - for algebra 2/precalculus. $4.99
Periodic and Piecewise Functions II - for algebra 2/precalculus. $4.99
Polynomial, Power, Logistic, and Rational Functions I - for algebra 2/precalculus. $4.99

Calculus I - for grade 12. $4.99

 I feel these books have excellent value and are well made. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversion chart for measuring units

Geometric art project: seven-circle flower design

Meaning of factors in multiplication: four groups of 2, or 4 taken two times?